Thursday, July 10, 2008


We're going to attend the Grand Strand Tango Society Charity Ball!
August 1st, Friday night, 8pm at "Club 2001," Myrtle Beach, SC.
Suggested donation is $10 and 80% of the door proceeds benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. (The other 20% pays for the drinks and other expenses.)
We'll be there with the Time Machine to support the event, and I'm told the 'Back To The Future' movies will be shown on the screens inside the club.
Ballroom, Tango, Swing, Salsa. Sounds fun!

-On a related note: In this July 2008 issue of "Scientific American" on page 80, it states under 'Tantalizing Tango Finding:"
In a study by Gammon M. Earhart and Madeleine E. Hakney of the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, it was found that tango dancing improved mobility on patients with Parkinsons's disease. Researchers found that after 20 tango classes, study subjects 'froze' less often. Compared with subjects who attended an exercise class instead, the tango dancers also had better balance and higher scores on certain physical tests.


No comments: